Young Adult Minutes – 01/13/14
January 13, 2014 @ 9:25 am
- Sheila Hood and Romona Roberts
- The meeting began with a welcome from Romona Roberts and Sheila Hood.
- Sheila explained to the Young Adults that the agenda would be switched around in order to ensure the Young Adults received important information and dates.
- Sheila then began to tell the Young Adults about the MLK / Teen Celebration sponsored by Public Health. She also spoke to the Young Adults about the next All Councils Members meeting.
- The Young Adults were informed that all permission slips had to be updated.
- The Young Adults received all new permission slips and was told to bring back the new permission forms signed by parents / guardians.
- Sheila asked the Young Adults to Co-Chair for the Connecting with the Elderly objective to come up and read the Thank You letters that YAFC received for their event- A Word with Seasoned Friends.
- The next portion of the meeting lead by Romona Roberts dealt with refreshers of conflict escalators and ways to handle them.
- The Young Adults went through a series of exercises on decision making, working with others, and issues that may cause conflict.
- The Young Adults participated in groups and individually.
- After the exercises were complete the meeting was ended.