Young Adult Minutes – 05/05/14
May 5, 2014 @ 2:31 pm
- Because of an issue with transportation the meeting was held at Dayton Early College Academy.
- The meeting began with welcomes from Sheila Hood and Romona Roberts.
- Sheila talked to the Young Adults about the MVCPOP Conference. She gave details of the conference and instructed the Young Adults to hand in their permission slips prior to attending.
- The Young Adults decided which parts they would individually speak about of the ACTkNOWledge police brochure for the MVCPOP Conference. A rehearsal date was created to give the Young Adults some time to practice their parts.
- Sheila began to talk to the group about the YAFC Celebration.
- The Young Adults decided that this event would be a great opportunity to introduce other Young Adults to the group.
- It was decided that each Young Adult could bring 2 individuals they thought to have leadership qualities. The time and place of the celebration was also discussed. Other ideas on membership recruitment were added to the conversation.
- The next portion of the meeting the Young Adults began their exercises on Team Building.
- Several exercises were explained by Romona Roberts.
- After each exercise the group reflected on what made the team bad and/or good.
- After the exercises were complete the meeting was ended.