i-SAFE is a non-profit foundation dedicated to protecting the online experiences of youth everywhere. i-SAFE incorporates classroom curriculum with dynamic community outreach to empower students, teachers, parents, law enforcement, and concerned adults to make the Internet a safer place.
National Center for Injury and Prevention and Control
The Preventing Youth Violence: Program Activities Guide describes the public health activities and research to prevent youth violence. The guide outlines five categories of activities which are key to prevention work.
National Child Traumatic Stress Network
This outstanding, comprehensive website is a collaboration among 70 member centers across the U.S. and is funded, in part, by a congressional initiative. This Network blends the academic best practices of clinical research with the wisdom of front-line community service providers. The result is a wealth of information, providing basic definitions to types of traumatic stress, brochures, reading lists, and information specifically for parents and caregivers, schools, the media and mental health professionals. The site also includes information on how to get help for a child, facts and figures, and available web-based training, training videos and much more.
Ohio Crime Prevention Association
Established on the foundation that crime can be prevented, the Ohio Crime Prevention Association is committed to the development and advancement of a continuum of educational opportunities in crime prevention and community policing, to ultimately improve the quality of life in Ohio communities.
Ohio Department of Education
The purpose of the directory is to connect prevention professionals to resources within the state of Ohio. You will find agencies listed by county or you can view the entire list. If your agency is not represented in this directory, please submit your contact information for inclusion.
Ohio State Bar Foundation Video Contest
Cyber bullying and sexting are student behaviors having legal, social, emotional and moral consequences, OSBF wants to give you the knowledge, the materials, and the specific lesson plans to help you address behaviors that have devastating results for all concerned.
Safe Start Center is offering downloadable resources on trauma informed care for children exposed to violence and their families.
Stop Bullying Now (En Español)
This site for kids includes information about being a bully, being bullied, and witnessing bully behavior. Written for kids, main sections include What Bullying Is, What You Can Do, and What Adults Can Do. The site also includes webisodes and podcasts about bullying scenarios, plus games to play. The Adult section includes information and resources about bullying, special information for parents and educators, plus a campaign to address this issue that includes public service announcements for newspapers, radio and TV, downloadable brochures and posters.
You can learn all about bullying and what you can do to stop it. Take a look around and you’ll find games and cartoon Webisodes that help you Take a Stand. Lend a Hand. Stop Bullying Now!
Relationships that Matter to America’s Teens
- bNetS@vvy | Internet Safety
- Best Practices in Bulling Prevention and Intervention (520 KB PDF)
- Bullying is Not a Fact of Life (1.1 MB 40-page PDF brochure)
- Children Who Bully (438 KB PDF)
- Dating Matters: Understanding Teen Dating Violence Prevention (1.86 MB PDF)
- Dealing with Bullies (for Kids) (En Español)
- DIPM Newsletter September 2010 (244 KB PDF)
- HRSA: Stop Bulling Now!
- Internet Lingo Dictionary (820 KB PDF)
- Internet Slang Dictionary & Translator
- NetSmartz411 Internet Safety Helpdesk
- Take Action Against Bullying
- The Imperative for Primary Prevention (260 KB PDF)
- Top Ten Tips from Teens for Adults
- Violence Prevention Planning – Snapshots on Safety (272 KB PDF)
- Guide for Preventing and Responding to School Violence 2nd Edition (1.7 MB PDF)
- Parents, do you know what these texts mean
- POS Pay Attention to Teen Text Slang
- Social Media & Mobile Internet Use Among Teens and Young Adults (2.3 MB PDF)
- Social Networking Sites: Safety Tips for Tweens and Teens
- Teen Chat Decoder Dictionary Lookup
- Understanding Teen Dating Violence Prevention
- Youth Contest
- YJB-MPP (5.1 MB PDF)
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey (DOC)